I rewatched Gangs of New York
and Kill Bill Vol. 1
this afternoon and MAN THEY ARE SO GREAT. Thing I need: fic about the life and times of William Cutting, largely involving him being a magnificent bastard (albeit a principled one) all over the place and having foe yay with Priest Vallon, who I forgot was played by Liam Neeson. I'm guilty of going "omg it's aslan!" god, leave me alone, narnia.
I'm pretty excited to watch the new Harry Potter, and from the flist's reactions, it seems I have good reason to? My friend wants to go next week, but I may not be able to hold out for that long. Harry Potter, man. Also, Draco. I was never a Tom Felton kind of girl, but then I saw that HBP movie poster holy crap, you know the one. And I was like fhkjdfhskl. ANYWAY, until then, have some Cracked.
1. 5 ways people are taking Harry Potter waaay too seriously
opens with a fact that is true: "These days, the rule of fandom is anything worth doing, is worth overdoing, often to a terrifying degree." There is also this: "When is it OK to draw pictures of underage children having sex? If you have to think about the answer to that question for very long, you have apparently gotten here by badly mistyping "LiveJournal" in your address bar."
2. Speaking of LJ, Cracked even explains what this Livejournal thing is
for those not in the know. "The all-female atmosphere means that 95 percent of LJ comments consist of people hugging each other, and the other 5 percent consist of people apologizing for judging someone’s Harry Potter rape fanart."
3. 5 most baffling sex scenes in the history of fanfiction
. Harry Potter
is on there twice (good job, HP fandom!), and I have actually read that Tom Riddle/Indiana Jones fic.
I'm always put in a bit of a tizzy when I see fandom talked about. One of the articles even mentioned the Strikethrough debacle. I'm always under the impression that fandom is this SEKRIT THING, and that modus operandi is to keep it on the DL as much as possible. Y'know, like crushes, when you were eight. People ask me what I'm writing in my notebook and I'm like DEFINITELY NOT FIC NOPE UM. Age of the geek? I bet Hardison reads fanfiction. I bet he has his favorites collected on a Delicious account.
Hey, does anyone remember the 3 Ninjas
is the Nostalgia Critic's rant on it and I was all <333333<3333 because I LOVED THESE TERRIBLE MOVIES, GUYS. Fandom secret #493: I wrote 3 Ninjas
Mary Sue fic. THAT'S RIGHT.
All ya'll X-Philes on the flist, which X-Files episodes are your favorites? And which would you recommend for someone interested in moar Mulder/Scully?